This continuing education course for insurance producers is made up of 20 hours of content on property and casualty insurance.
The course is divided up into three segments that each examine different forms of this kind of insurance.
The first segment is concerned with two very common forms of property and casualty insurance: homeowners insurance and automobile insurance.
- One portion of this segment dealing with homeowners insurance will examine the various homeowners policy forms and the coverage they provide.
- The other portion of this segment that talks about automobile insurance will take a look at automobile policies designed for private individuals and automobile policies that are designed for businesses and commercial organizations.
The second segment of the course explores several forms of commercial insurance.
- A portion of this segment addresses commercial insurance in its various forms including commercial general liability, commercial property, commercial crime, and inland marine insurance.
- Another portion of this segment dives into businessowners insurance and examines the specific coverages this kind of policy provides.
- The last portion of this segment discusses workers’ compensation insurance.
The third segment examines other specialty forms of property insurance and key federal insurance regulations governing licensees.
After completing the course, students will need to complete a comprehensive 105 question exam. The purpose of this exam is to promote and improve retention of the course materials.
Show Course ID: 1
- Course ID(s): 120386
- Approved By: Florida Department of Financial Services
Aaron Phelps is At Your Pace Online’s Subject Matter Expert for Property and Casualty Insurance. Prior to entering the insurance field, Aaron worked for 7 years in customer service and management before entering into the insurance field. He is a licensed insurance agent in Oregon with a Bachelor of Science degree from Oregon State University in Communication and has been working locally since 2015. Aaron specializes in individual health insurance plan options and life insurance, provides employee benefits support for his company’s group clients, and expertly handles insurance needs for personal line clients. His favorite part of his job is helping people understand how insurance policies work and alleviating their anxiety and fear over the process. In addition to his accomplished career in the insurance field, Aaron has been married for 17 years and shares 4 children with his wife. He spends his free time backpacking, traveling, and camping or simply relaxing and enjoying good food and drinks with his friends.