Iowa 18 Hour Life and Health Review
- 18 Hour Course
- 4.4 50 Reviews
An insurance producer who is looking to renew their license will gain 18 hours of continuing education on life and accident and health insurance. The course is divided into three portions which talk about general insurance, life insurance, and accident and health insurance.
The first portion of the course discusses insurance in general including fundamental concepts such as risk and loss, the structure of insurers, and the legality of insurance contracts.
The middle portion of the course addresses life insurance. This part of the class looks at annuities, qualified retirement plans, and how life insurance benefits are taxed.
- The training on annuities will look in depth at this type of insurance product and how it compares to other forms of life insurance.
- The instruction on qualified retirement plans will examine retirement plans, what it means for a plan to be qualified, and how this affects the taxation of benefits.
- The last segment of this part of this course will address taxation of life insurance and annuities and benefits that can be gained from these kinds of insurance products.
The last portion of the course examines disability insurance, medical plans, group health insurance, dental insurance, the Medicare program, long-term-care insurance, and the taxation of health insurance and health insurance benefits.
- A portion of the course will examine disability insurance and the specialized coverage it provides.
- The instruction on medical plans will discuss the various types of medical plans, managed care, cost containment strategies, and important federal laws such as the ACA and HIPAA.
- The training on group health will examine group health insurance policies in comparison to individual health insurance coverage. This segment will also explore conversion options and group health policies for small employers.
- A segment of this course will focus on the unique qualities of dental insurance.
- The segment about Medicare will take a close look at the entire program including who is eligible, what Medicare provides to participants, and options for people who don’t qualify.
- Long term care insurance (or LTC) is the primary interest of one segment of this course. This segment will cover the primary elements of LTC, how LTC can be marketed, and suitability issues.
- The final segment of the course talks about taxation of health insurance products.
At the end of the course is a 95 question exam that is designed and intended to help with retention and comprehension of the materials in the course.
Show Course ID: 1
- Course ID(s): 106980
- Approved By: Iowa Insurance Division
Life and Health Insurance Instructor Joel Daniels is an experienced business professional in the insurance industry, with an established track record of leadership, development, account management, relationship building, and brand integrity. In his insurance business, Joel works tirelessly with his allies and strategic partners to impact communities by providing access to affordable and usable health and wellness benefits options. Here at At Your Pace Online, Joel is a highly engaging instructor. He presents insurance continuing education to licensees so that they can grow in their knowledge of the trade with confidence, benefitting their own business growth as well as the overall well-being of their clients.