Pennsylvania 24 Hour Property and Casualty Review
- 24 Hour Course
- 4.3 645 Reviews
This is a continuing education course containing 24 hours of content on property casualty insurance. The course is split into 5 segments covering core elements of property and casualty insurance, residence insurance, automobile insurance, commercial insurance, and specialized forms of insurance.
The beginning segment will address the fundamental elements of a property and casualty insurance policy. This segment will explore concepts such as loss, liability, and negligence. In addition, this segment will talk about common provisions found in property and casualty policies.
The second segment is concerned with insurance coverage for private residences, the coverage these kinds of policies provide, and the ways in which they can be modified.
- The first portion of this segment discusses dwelling insurance policies. This portion will also look at the Personal Liability Supplement and how it can be used to modify a dwelling policy.
- The second portion of this segment deals with homeowners insurance policies.
The third segment of the course looks at automobile insurance. This segment examines both the personal and commercial forms of automobile insurance.
The fourth segment dives into insurance policies for businesses and business owners.
- This segment begins with a comprehensive discussion of commercial insurance policies. This portion of the segment will talk about all of the various forms of insurance that can be included in a commercial package policy.
- The second portion of this segment examines businessowners policies and the unique aspects that differentiate them from other forms of commercial insurance.
- This segment concludes with a look at workers’ compensation insurance. This portion will focus on the coverage and limits of workers’ comp along with the responsibilities of employees and employers.
The last segment of the class covers other specialized forms of insurance that are available to consumers including excess and umbrella insurance, errors and omissions insurance, flood insurance, and boatowners insurance.
At the end of the course, students will complete a 125 question exam that will test on subjects found throughout the course. The intention of this exam is to help students with understanding and retaining the content.
Department of Regulatory Agencies Course ID: 133106
Show Course ID: 0
- Approved By: Pennsylvania Insurance Department
Aaron Phelps is At Your Pace Online’s Subject Matter Expert for Property and Casualty Insurance. Prior to entering the insurance field, Aaron worked for 7 years in customer service and management before entering into the insurance field. He is a licensed insurance agent in Oregon with a Bachelor of Science degree from Oregon State University in Communication and has been working locally since 2015. Aaron specializes in individual health insurance plan options and life insurance, provides employee benefits support for his company’s group clients, and expertly handles insurance needs for personal line clients. His favorite part of his job is helping people understand how insurance policies work and alleviating their anxiety and fear over the process. In addition to his accomplished career in the insurance field, Aaron has been married for 17 years and shares 4 children with his wife. He spends his free time backpacking, traveling, and camping or simply relaxing and enjoying good food and drinks with his friends.