An insurance producer who completes this continuing education course will gain 20 hours of instruction on health insurance.
This elective set explores accident and health insurance policies, medical plans, group health insurance, long term care insurance, insurance policies related to disability income, federal taxation for insurance, and cybersecurity for insurance producers.
- An overview of insurance terms and basics will start the coursework.
- The segment on health insurance policies will go over the contractual elements of an accident and health insurance policy.
- Disability income and underwriting concerns will be discussed in the third portion.
- The instruction on medical plans will discuss the various types of medical plans, managed care, cost containment strategies, and important federal laws such as the ACA and HIPAA.
- The training on group health will examine group health insurance policies in comparison to individual health insurance coverage. This segment will also explore conversion options and group health policies for small employers.
- The segment about Medicare will take a close look at the entire program including who is eligible, what Medicare provides to participants, and options for people who don’t qualify.
- Long term care insurance (or LTC) is the primary interest of one segment of this course. This segment will cover the primary elements of LTC, how LTC can be marketed, and suitability issues.
- The penultimate segment of the course talks about how premiums and expenses of different policies are taxed.
- Finally, cybersecurity concerns and measures for insurance producers wraps up the new course material.
Videos, examples, and imagery are utilized throughout the course to enhance comprehension for visual and auditory learning styles. After each lesson, students will be asked a single question about the material. One final exam of 105 questions will test the student’s knowledge.
Show Course ID: 1
- Course ID(s): 120396
- Approved By: Florida Department of Financial Services
Life and Health Insurance Instructor Joel Daniels is an experienced business professional in the insurance industry, with an established track record of leadership, development, account management, relationship building, and brand integrity. In his insurance business, Joel works tirelessly with his allies and strategic partners to impact communities by providing access to affordable and usable health and wellness benefits options. Here at At Your Pace Online, Joel is a highly engaging instructor. He presents insurance continuing education to licensees so that they can grow in their knowledge of the trade with confidence, benefitting their own business growth as well as the overall well-being of their clients.