This course provides licensees in health insurance with the four hours of continuing education mandated by the state of Florida. The material covered will help students review and clarify the regulatory structure for insurance in the state, deepen their knowledge of ethical standards enforced in Florida with regard to insurance, and refresh their understanding of their responsibilities and of the professional standards to which they are held. Most importantly, the class also covers major changes enacted during prior years, with a focus on the law updates and changes for 2023, readying the licensee for the balance of 2023 and the year 2024.
Some of the topics covered include the following:
- Regulatory awareness, including the various departments in Florida that administer financial services and insurance;
- Licensing requirements, including appointments, contact information, agency licensing, transferring, surrendering and terminating licenses, grounds for compulsory or discretionary refusal of a license, as well as suspensions and revocations for individuals and agencies;
- Other requirements by law will explore advertising and record-keeping mandates;
- New insurance laws are discussed for both Florida and on a federal level, including recent legislation on balance billing prohibitions and more;
- Ethical requirements are thoroughly discussed, and include the state’s Code of Ethics, the NAIFA ethical code, marketing and regulatory environments that require ethical actions and additional ethical guidelines for Florida licensees;
- Suitability of sales to consumers and required elements that make a sale suitable for the customer;
- Unfair methods of competition and unfair and deceptive practices by insurers, agents, agencies and claims personnel;
- Understanding required premium discounts;
- An exploration of recent violations and enforcement actions with an emphasis on how to perform within expectations and within ethical and legal guidelines;
- New and important terminology that applies to Florida insurance professionals.
During the course, there will be in-text questions to help the licensee gauge their knowledge while moving through the class, to test their knowledge as they go. There is also a final exam of 25 questions at the end of the class.
Show Course ID: 1
- Course ID(s): 127946
- Approved By: Florida Department of Financial Services
Life and Health Insurance Instructor Joel Daniels is an experienced business professional in the insurance industry, with an established track record of leadership, development, account management, relationship building, and brand integrity. In his insurance business, Joel works tirelessly with his allies and strategic partners to impact communities by providing access to affordable and usable health and wellness benefits options. Here at At Your Pace Online, Joel is a highly engaging instructor. He presents insurance continuing education to licensees so that they can grow in their knowledge of the trade with confidence, benefitting their own business growth as well as the overall well-being of their clients.