Insurance producers will find 24 hours of continuing education instruction in this course that they can put toward the total needed to renew an insurance license. The primary focus of this course is life and health insurance.
The course starts with a segment on ethics, ethical behavior, what it means for insurance producers to operate in an ethical manner.
The life insurance segment addresses life insurance fundamentals, the structure of life insurance policies, annuities, and qualified retirement plans.
- The instruction on life insurance fundamentals will both discuss the core concepts of life insurance and explore the different types of life insurance that are available.
- The portion on life insurance policies will talk about the life insurance policy and the provisions, options, and riders that can be included in the policy contract.
- A portion of the course will examine annuities, especially how they compare to other life insurance products
- The last segment in this part of the course will look at retirement plans with special attention paid to plans that qualify for special taxation treatment
The remainder of the course is concerned with health insurance and similar related insurance products. This part of the course discusses the core elements of life insurance, health insurance contracts, disability insurance, medical plans, group health insurance, and long term care insurance.
- The segment on the core elements of life insurance will cover what life insurance is and how it is used. This segment also talks about the various forms of health insurance coverage.
- The training on life insurance contracts will look at the structure of health insurance policies specifically, provisions and options.
- A portion of the course will examine disability insurance and the specialized coverage it provides.
- Medical plans are explored in a segment of this course. This segment will talk about what medical plans do, managed care, major medical insurance, const containment, and the Federal laws that affect medical plans.
- The group health insurance segment will discuss how health insurance is provided to organizations and how group coverage differs from individual health coverage.
- The last segment of the course deals with long term care insurance including what it does, how it is provided, how it is marketed, and how it is taxed.
At the end of the course, is a 125 question exam that will test on the entire course. The purpose of this exam is to improve comprehension and retention of the training.
NC Department of Insurance ID: 214487
Show Course ID: 0
- Approved By: North Carolina Department of Insurance
Life and Health Insurance Instructor Joel Daniels is an experienced business professional in the insurance industry, with an established track record of leadership, development, account management, relationship building, and brand integrity. In his insurance business, Joel works tirelessly with his allies and strategic partners to impact communities by providing access to affordable and usable health and wellness benefits options. Here at At Your Pace Online, Joel is a highly engaging instructor. He presents insurance continuing education to licensees so that they can grow in their knowledge of the trade with confidence, benefitting their own business growth as well as the overall well-being of their clients.