Pennsylvania 24 Hour Life & Health Review
- 24 Hour Course
- 4.3 888 Reviews
This course is designed to help insurance producers renew a license. The 24 hours of continuing education training cover many of the aspects of life and health insurance.
The first portion of this course examines life insurance beginning with fundamental concepts and then moving on to such topics as contract provisions, annuities, qualified plans, and taxation of life insurance.
- The segments covering fundamental concepts will discuss the nature and purpose of life insurance, the different types of life policies, and what this kind of insurance is used to accomplish.
- The training on contract provisions will talk about the standard provisions found in life insurance policies before moving onto a discussion of beneficiaries and options and riders.
- The annuities segment will take an in depth look at annuity contracts including their relation to life insurance and how they are used.
- The instruction on qualified plans will examine retirement plans, what it means for a plan to be qualified, and how this affects the taxation of benefits.
- The last segment of the first part of this course will address taxation of life insurance and annuities.
The second portion of this course deals with accident and health insurance. Topics in this portion include health insurance fundamentals, health insurance policies, medical plans, group health, dental insurance, the Medicare program, long-term care insurance, and taxation of health insurance.
- Health insurance fundamentals will talk about the core elements of health insurance, the different forms of health insurance, and health insurance underwriting.
- The segment on health insurance policies will go over the contractual elements of a health insurance policy.
- The instruction on medical plans will discuss the various types of medical plans, managed care, cost containment strategies, and important federal laws such as the ACA and HIPAA.
- The training on group health will examine group health insurance policies in comparison to individual health insurance coverage. This segment will also explore conversion options and group health policies for small employers.
- A segment of this course will focus on the unique qualities of dental insurance.
- The segment about Medicare will take a close look at the entire program including who is eligible, what Medicare provides to participants, and options for people who don’t qualify.
- Long term care insurance (or LTC) is the primary interest of one segment of this course. This segment will cover the primary elements of LTC, how LTC can be marketed, and suitability issues.
- The final segment of the course talks about taxation of health insurance products.
After completing the course, you will take a 125 question exam that is designed to promote comprehension and retention of the material.
Department of Regulatory Agencies Course ID: 133105
Show Course ID: 0
- Approved By: Pennsylvania Insurance Department
Life and Health Insurance Instructor Joel Daniels is an experienced business professional in the insurance industry, with an established track record of leadership, development, account management, relationship building, and brand integrity. In his insurance business, Joel works tirelessly with his allies and strategic partners to impact communities by providing access to affordable and usable health and wellness benefits options. Here at At Your Pace Online, Joel is a highly engaging instructor. He presents insurance continuing education to licensees so that they can grow in their knowledge of the trade with confidence, benefitting their own business growth as well as the overall well-being of their clients.