Virginia 24 Hour Combo Course
- 24 Hour Course
- 4.5 226 Reviews
This course provides the 24 hours of CE needed for those holding Life & Health and Property & Casualty licenses! This course will review key concepts and principles of Property, Casualty, Life & Health insurance. In addition, it includes 3 hours of ethics and the mandatory exam.
The first portion of this course examines ethics and ethical behavior. This includes discussion of the concept of ethics, ethical duties, and professional codes of ethics.
The second portion of the course looks at life insurance products beginning with annuities and then moving on to qualified plans and taxation of life insurance.
- The annuities segment will take an in depth look at annuity contracts including their relation to life insurance and how they are used.
- The instruction on qualified plans will examine retirement plans, what it means for a plan to be qualified, and how this affects the taxation of benefits.
- The last segment of the first part of this course will address taxation of life insurance and annuities.
The third portion of this course addresses accident and health insurance. The topics covered in this portion include medical plans, group health, the Medicare program, long-term care insurance, and taxation of health insurance.
- The instruction on medical plans will discuss the various types of medical plans, managed care, cost containment strategies, and important federal laws such as the ACA and HIPAA.
- The training on group health will examine group health insurance policies in comparison to individual health insurance coverage. This segment will also explore conversion options and group health policies for small employers.
- The segment about Medicare will take a close look at the entire program including who is eligible, what Medicare provides to participants, and options for people who don’t qualify.
- Long term care insurance (or LTC) is the primary interest of one segment of this course. This segment will cover the primary elements of LTC, how LTC can be marketed, and suitability issues.
- The fourth segment of the course talks about taxation of health insurance products.
The fifth portion of the course that talks about residence insurance is split into two segments. The first segment examines dwelling insurance policies while the second segment looks at homeowners insurance policies. Each segment will explore the various policy forms, the coverage provided, the limits of that coverage, and the ways in which these kinds of insurance policies can be modified.
The final portion of the course is concerned with both forms of automobile insurance. This portion of content will explore the structure and limits of automobile insurance while addressing the differences between personal and commercial auto coverage.
VA Bureau of Insurance Course ID: 223274 & 223273
Show Course ID: 0
- Approved By: Virginia SCC - Bureau of Insurance
Life and Health Insurance Instructor Joel Daniels is an experienced business professional in the insurance industry, with an established track record of leadership, development, account management, relationship building, and brand integrity. In his insurance business, Joel works tirelessly with his allies and strategic partners to impact communities by providing access to affordable and usable health and wellness benefits options. Here at At Your Pace Online, Joel is a highly engaging instructor. He presents insurance continuing education to licensees so that they can grow in their knowledge of the trade with confidence, benefitting their own business growth as well as the overall well-being of their clients.