This course for Life and Health Producers is comprised of 8 classes on specific topics, including some of the least well understood and most treacherous in the industry. It provides nine hours of professional development for Life and Health Producers, toward the 24 hours required for license renewal in the state of West Virginia. The classes are as follows:
- Life Insurance and Securities
- A brief look at a highly regulated sector of life insurance;
- A 90-minute survey of the principles and specific considerations in this complex area of insurance
- Group Health Plans
- Nearly two hours on this vital form of health insurance and how it's changing in the years following passage of the Affordable Care Act;
- Dental Policies
- A brief look at the considerations behind available coverage options
- Long Term Care Insurance
- Just the basics so you know how they work and are able to advise clients; not intended as training sufficient to sell these policies
- Tax Considerations for Life Insurance and Annuities
- Federal Tax Considerations
- Federal Regulations Covering Life & Health Insurance
- Three classes that amount to nearly half of the 9-hour class time on critical tax considerations and regulations.
Please note: This course expires on 12.02.2020. You must complete this course by 12.02.2020 to get your CE credit.
Show Course ID: 0
- Approved By: West Virginia Offices of the Insurance Commissioner
Keith Haley is the Online Insurance instructor and industry expert for At Your Pace Online. In addition to his insurance license, Keith holds a Bachelor's degree in Finance, Master's degree in Education, and is a Certified Financial Planner and licensed insurance producer. As an entrepreneur, over his career Keith has owned and managed businesses in a wide range of professions, including car sales, financial consultation, and insurance sales and management. With over twenty years of experience in business, sales, and education, Keith brings a broad range of practical and academic knowledge to our courses.