This course provides licensees in Health Insurance with the five hours of continuing education mandated by the state of Florida, covering all the topics and cited references in the Regulatory Resource Guide prepared for this specific license type by the Department of Financial Services (DFS). This course will help students review and clarify the regulatory structure for insurance in the State of Florida. Students will also have a chance to deepen their knowledge of the ethics standards enforced in Florida with regard to insurance, as well as to update students on the most recent changes to insurance laws and practices both on the state and national level. Finally, students will be able to refresh and deepen their understanding of the hazards presented by unauthorized insurers in Florida, their responsibilities with regard to unauthorized insurers, and the consequences for failing to fulfill those responsibilities.
- At the end of this class students will be able to:
- Remember the jurisdiction of duties and responsibilities for insurers in the state of Florida
- Understand the acts of the Florida Legislature in 2016 - 2019 that affect the practice of insurance
- Apply recordkeeping and reporting standards to everyday practice
- Analyze permissible duties of licensed vs. unlicensed personnel
- Understand the Homeowner Flood Insurance Affordability Act
- Determine the suitability of products and services
- Understand unfair methods of competition & unfair or deceptive practices
- Apply knowledge of DFS services and communications available to licensees
- Discuss mandatory and/or common premium discounts
- Examine disciplinary trends and case studies
- Remember the 2018 Florida law updates and changes
- Apply knowledge of the 2019 general insurance changes to current practice
- Interpret common industry trends
Please note: This course expires on December 11, 2020. You must finish this course by December 11, 2020 to receive your CE credit.
Show Course ID: 0
- Approved By: Department of Financial Services (DFS)
Keith Haley is the Online Insurance instructor and industry expert for At Your Pace Online. In addition to his insurance license, Keith holds a Bachelor's degree in Finance, Master's degree in Education, and is a Certified Financial Planner and licensed insurance producer. As an entrepreneur, over his career Keith has owned and managed businesses in a wide range of professions, including car sales, financial consultation, and insurance sales and management. With over twenty years of experience in business, sales, and education, Keith brings a broad range of practical and academic knowledge to our courses.